Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Vancouver's Koplan's Home Furnishings Closed Its Doors


Koplan’s Home Furnishings is going out of business. (Zachary Kaufman/The Columbian)

Established in 1948, 25,000 square foot Koplan's Home Furnishings in the heart of downtown Vancouver, Washington has closed its doors. Keith Koplan and his wife Merle Koplan operated the store and Keith was 2008 president of the Western Home Furnishings Assn. Julia Anderson, Columbian Staff Writer reported
"I didn't plan on this happening, just now," said Koplan, 67. "But we've been operating in the red for two years and we had to weigh that against our plans to retire. I had to ask myself how long it would take to make up for the losses we've been seeing. If I were 10 years younger, I could hang in there."
Bev & Mike
Landfair Furniture + Design Gallery
Follow us @furnitureitu

1 comment:

Divan Beds said...

Oh thats bad! I remember my uncle in Vancouver buying a piece of furniture from the store and he kind of liked it very much.......Can't say what would have been the condition to close the store but i wish both Keith Koplan and his wife Merle Koplan remain happy in their older times.