"...manufacturers are offering new furniture, textiles and materials that resemble indoor furnishings yet can withstand the elements.
What will we see in 2015?
- Vintage modern and ultra-modern - Watch for midcentury modern styling in outdoor pieces to coordinate with this popular interior style. Luxe looks evoking old Hollywood are also in.
- Global Style - Asian, Moroccan, Mediterranean motifs, and Silk Road accents
- Flexible use - a trend toward “chat and chill” configurations of furniture used both indoors and outdoors or comfy seating for both areas; portable fire pits.
- Color is in - Deep indigo looks fresh and new, and so does coral and dark blue. The natural neutrals — sand, mocha, charcoal, cream — stay strong for 2015. Their versatility makes them good choices whatever the climate.
- Patterns - all kinds of bright patterns
- Rustic Contemporary - like chicken-wire doors and weathered-look metals with contemporary seat materials and colors.