Thursday, February 12, 2009

Deb Seeley Of Deb Seeley Designs LLC



Interior designer Deb Seeley, member of ASID and NWSID, writes,
The before picture represents the view from my clients entry. When I first entered this contemporary home I observed a living room filled with traditional furniture, with no cohesiveness. My clients wanted color, seating, and a more contemporary feel without going over the top. My goal was to not only accomplish their wishes, but to add badly needed warmth to their living room.

First, on my list was to tackle the existing industrial looking cement fireplace, I added a wood mantle 10"D, the cement was resurfaced with Jerusalem gold limestone to add needed warmth with onyx tile accents across the front to add punch and interest.

This room has an amazing view of Mt.Hood and the day I was there the most brilliant blue sky. The sky was my motivation for the color of their walls. I wanted to bring the outside in by using a rich blue, and the ceiling a lighter version. This also made the white beam ceiling and moulding details pop. The teak shelves were recycled to another area in the home and replaced with white shelves which gave continuity to the space.

The depressing gray carpet was replaced with a New Zealand wool Fabrica carpet. Its contemporary pattern and gold color was selected to coordinate with the fireplace, adding texture and warmth.

To eliminate a bowling alley appearance from the front door the furniture was angled allowing two loveseats and overstuffed chairs, which created badly needed seating. The Precedent sofa covered in a Kravet goldish chenille fabric added contemporary flair with its stream line style, and pulled in the carpet color. The Precedent contemporary style chairs were done in a Pollack, gallery slate square patterned fabric to add a little punch and individuality to the space, at the same time pulling in the wall, sofa, and carpet colors.

I always tell my clients, the furniture is the cake, but you need to add the frosting to make it complete. My frosting, aka, accessories; included plants, lamps, pillows, candlesticks, mirror, and do da's for the shelf. Accessories are the jewelry of the room and the one area badly neglected by homeowners. Accessories are a must, they add charm and personality to a space.

Now my mission has been accomplished, a functional, warm, cohesive environment for my clients and their guests to enjoy!!




Deb Seeley Designs LLC
503-635-2967
www.debseeleydesigns.com
Allied Member ASID and Associate Member NWSID

Bev & Mike
Landfair Furniture + Design Gallery
@landfairfurnitu

No comments: