- Set a budget (I've read recently that an area rug in front of a sofa should be 1/3 the price of the sofa)
- Assess the room - Write down WHY you want an area rug
- Measure the space
- Get honest about wear and tear- What kind of rug does your room really need?
- Consider color, light and pattern
- Choose a fiber - Choose the quality that is the best fit for your wallet, room and needs.
- Determine density - density measures the amount of yarn packed per square yard.
- Don't put off the padding
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
8 Tips for Buying Your First Area Rug
Jessica Ashley offers 8 tips to buy an area rug like an adult.