3. Retro - Retro is now more mainstream ranging from soda fountain mixers to furniture collections inspired by Hollywood of the 30's and 40's.
4. Organic Materials - This theme is two-fold, with decorative accessories either accented with natural materials or completely made from them. Leather is the hottest material in furniture, but it is also selling great on lamps, pillows, picture frames and a variety of other decorative accents. From leather to linen and wood and shells, natural, organic style is in.
5. Pets - Americans love their pets! 62% of all households have at least one pet driven by a few key segments - young couples, empty nesters and singles.
6. and 7. Beach and Tropics - Becoming more refined, it combines a lot of natural woods and fabrics as well as earthy brown and dusty blue accents. This theme can also be fun with picture frames featuring flip flops, sunglasses, bikinis, margaritas and cocktails.
8. and 9. Modern and Clean Lines - Lots of basic geometric forms - squares, round shapes and polka dots are hot. Abstract patterns are starting to appear as well, with swirls and mosaic patterns most often seen. A retro of 70's mod look is often blended in.
10. Opposites Attract - Contrsting materials as well as themes are used to create an eclectric yet well coordinated look. Concepts combine elements of each of two opposite themes, for example modern with retro or cottage with contemporary.
Buzz Words - Casual Lifestyles - Clean Design - Pattern Mixing - Texture - Color - Vintage - Retro - Theme Mixing - Outdoor Living - Nature - Fresh - Home - Entertaining - Fun - Family and Friends - Humor - Whimsy - Connections - Laughter