Last night we viewed the movie In Good Company staring Dennis Quaid, Scarlett Johansson, and Topher Grace. On one level it was a movie about Quaid and his family, and things that parents go through to raise and provide for their children. Quaid and his wife were examples of good parents. They walked their talk. On another level, the movie was about the challenge of running a company, the ability to maintain the corporate family, while trying to dominate a part of the corporate world. Can that be done? Mike is just finishing Confessions of An Economic Hitman by John Perkins, so he's sensitive to the damage corporations can do in the name of progress. In the book "hitmen" would deliberately get a country deep in debt, then like the mafioso, demand favors. So we were surprised by the Designmaster site, a furniture company located in North Carolina.
Purpose, Vision, Values, Goals
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him a third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep."
The purpose of Designmaster Furniture is to feed God’s sheep.
Our purpose can be viewed from several perspectives:
* We feed the employees and sales representatives of Designmaster physically – with work, so that they can provide for their families.
* We feed the stakeholders of Designmaster spiritually – by praying with them and for them and by sharing with them how God is at work in our lives.
* We tithe from the profits of Designmaster, using product and cash to help fund Christian charities and ministries.
* Why does God have us building dining furniture? We believe that the family is under attack in our culture today. Eating together as a family used to be the rule, now it is the exception. Perhaps God will use our chairs in a small way to encourage a family here and a family there to eat together and share His love over dinner.
Our vision is to be the best at what we do.
Out of our personal relationships with Jesus Christ, we choose to value:
* obedience through prayer
* Godly relationships
* quality work
* freedom with accountability
Our goals are
1. To provide our customers with the highest quality and most technologically advanced services and products at competitive prices
2. To provide our employees with steady continuous employment
It's real clear what Designmaster believes, why its important to them, and that they accept responsibility. Here are some of our favorites:
Bev & Mike