Monday, July 30, 2012

Lightbulbplanet


If I’m a retailer and a number of my MR 16s are out when I open in the morning, I want to change the bulbs right away.  If I’m out of bulbs, I want a reliable and low priced source and I want service. I want the bulbs I order to be here the next day and I want to be able to return defective bulbs. I want to be able to track my purchases and I want an account representative to answer my questions. Lightbulbplanet.com is one of the leading distributors and suppliers of light bulbs of all kinds and some of the major brands including GE, Philips, Sylvania, Osram, and many others.

One other thing that a good distributor and supplier of light bulbs does is to educate. Glancing down at the array of MR 16s, I read that bulbs come in degrees.  Lightbulbplanet.com has a page on “beam spread”



Beam spread is the width of light that emanates from a light source. It is measured in angles. A small angle is a focused beam or spot and a large angle is more diffused light or flood light.  I got to thinking about our use of MR 16s in our store and realized that we were using the same angle for all lighting when we could have tried other angles for better light on our furniture and fabric.

In addition to the education on beam spread, there’s an article on color rendering. Color rendering is important because some lighting changes the colors that we perceive.  Another article allows you to compare the cost of converting from incandescent lighting to energy efficient lighting and the ROI.

Lightbulbplanet.com sells Light Bulbs, Ballasts, Fixtures, Grow Lighting, LED light bulbs and Exit Signs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so cool! I don't suppose I've truly read through
anything like that before. So great to find another person with some
unique thoughts on this issue. Seriously.. thank you for starting this up.
This web site is something that's needed on the internet,
someone with a bit of originality!

Review my page; Andrew