Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Let's Talk Pillows

I note with interest that Cindy Crawford has teamed up with JC Penney for a debut collection of bedding, bath, window, lighting, accent furniture and decorative accessory items. This item followed a press release last week that Jane Seymour has teamed up with Capel rugs for some new product introductions at World Market in Las Vegas.

Do the stars really design their collections or is done by some nameless designer, a ghost designer if you will, buried in the bowels of JC Penny headquarters?



Pictured above is The 'Indigo Dreams' bedding and window treatments are part of Cindy Crawford's new line for J.C. Penney. The queen comforter set is $179.99 (price will vary). It's available at jcp.com. The line comes to stores Sept. 4.

My husband always asks about the pillows on the bed. When, he asks, did we start to put more pillows on the bed than one uses sleeping? Some beds, at the Street of Dreams had pillows that came out from the headboard to the middle of the bed.

Then there's the stacking of the pillows before turning in. When you get up in the middle of the night, the last thing my husband wants to do is trip over pillows. In the morning the pillows need to be reapplied to the bed. With all that goes on in our busy lives, the time loss due to pillows on some of these beds must be huge.

I always have to trick my husband into helping me with the pillow cases. We have a race of it and I usually beat him. I can't imagine getting him to stand still for tens of pillows. The one area I agree with him about the excess pillows is that time I come home tired from a long day and I just want to flop face down on the bed. The flat space to flop is gone!

Bev & Mike
Landfair Furniture + Design gallery
Follow us on Twitter

No comments: