Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Revisiting My Favorite Chair Design



One of my favorite chair designs is the Klismos. I've written several times about the design and history here and here. You'll know a klismos by its concave top rail that cups your shoulders and four curved saberlike legs.

Recently, in Elle Decor I saw another variation of the design. This time from Studio Works we have the Kyrelos chaise lounge.



In the same May issue Bernhardt Interiors shows the Decatur Chair in the driftwood finish.



Bev & Mike
Landfair Furniture + Design gallery
Become Our Fan on Facebook

4 comments:

Furniture Hire said...

The Klismos is another excelent Danish designer which lived in 19th century. So for I have admired Arne Jacobsen but he lived in 20th

Contract furniture for bars said...

Beautiful designs. Thanks.

Regards,
Contemporary furniture

Reisha said...

Nice design^^

Regards,
Markant

Chair Hire UK said...

I like Modern designer, such as Herman Miller. His chairs are great looking.