Thursday, March 29, 2012

NY Times Designs For the Digital Age

I covet the iPad, iPhone and iMac. I want to be all Apple. I have just read the NY Times' article Designs for the Digital Age via my friend Marsha and I see how how these three Apple devices are changing the designs of furniture. Here are three examples:

In recent years a number of furniture designers have been struggling to adapt to new forms of technology and the proliferation of devices like the iPad, e-readers and ever-thinner flat-screen TVs. Pictured, Jonas Damon’s Alarm Dock for Areaware turns an iPhone into a nightstand alarm clock.

The Dyvel Table by Silva/Bradshaw does away with drawers altogether; for many people, computers have all but eliminated the need for paper file storage.

The Scene XXL Chair from M2L has an optional tablet table and an upholstered high back for privacy when typing or making phone calls.

No comments: